i was cleaning out my files and i came across this. i have no idea who wrote it or where it came from but i thought it was perfect to post today. ;-) who dat!
Let us count the ways ...
50. Because green and yellow is just tacky.
49. Because krunking is all we know.
48. Two words: Dome foam.
47. Because this fleur-de-lis tattoo
46. Because Mike Ditka isn't our head coach anymore.
45. Because Steve Gleason taught us: No white flags.
44. Because we need to love them, to counterbalance our vitriol for the replacement refs.
43. "(Because) I bleed black and gold."
42. Because of John Gilliam.
41. Because it's our job -- and
Sean Payton told us to do our job.
40. Because the Who Dat Nation's lows are nowhere near as low as the highs are high. (Whoa. I think I just blew my mind.)
39. Because in 2007, the Giants started 0-2 in Steve Spagnuolo's first year as defensive coordinator -- and still won the Super Bowl.
38. Because, between you and me, it's kind of fun to hear Bobby Hebert's on-air freak-outs.
37. Because of Drew Brees.
And Jimmy Graham.
And Pierre Thomas. And ...
36. Because Sundays are for second-lining. Period.
35. Because the best kind of gumbo is game-day gumbo.
34. Because Drew Brees taught us to "Finish Strong."
33. Because my Daddy loved them.
32. Because Grandad loved them before dat.
31. Because I still want to be in that number.
30. Because they're family -- and family doesn't always get it right. But you support and love them anyway.
29. Because of Dalton Hilliard.
28. Because from Slidell to LakeCharles and from Shreveport to Grand Isle, we've been through a lot worse. A lot worse.
27. Because we're fools for the 504.
26. Because I'm not giving up these season tickets now.
25. Because it's fun to hate the Falcons.
24. Because there's nothing quite like the sound of Section 637 banging on the Superdome walls.
23. "Because I'm from Louisiana, I support my home team, and they are great survivors/overcomers in life and sports." -- @lilme2day
22. Because they're ours.
21. Because this isn't Jacksonville, dammit.
20. Because New Orleans is the only city that knows how to throw a proper Super Bowl parade.
19. Because once a Who Dat, always a Who Dat.
18. Because of old No. 57. And the rest of the Dome Patrol.
17. Because it's about way more than X's and O's.
16. Because everybody looks good in black and gold.
15. Because the player-led "Who Dat" chant during pregame takes our breath away.
14. Because it's the Buddy D. way.
13. Because the heart wants what the heart wants.
12. Because of the Benson Boogie.
11. Because they were there for us.
10. Because we are not the Cowboys!
9. Because of 2009.
8. Because of Archie.
7. Because the Seahawks are going down Monday night.
6. Because we know what it means to miss New Orleans.
5. Because they are forever champions.
4. Because they love us back.
3. Because we're not going to let Roger Goodell win. EVER.
2. Because New Orleanians aren't quitters.
1. Because I believe.